Online Journal of my adventures in Europe

Saturday, January 15, 2005

I'm here in Enschede!!

Hey People

I'm finally here in the Netherlands!

It was quite the flight to get here too. I left Calgary at 2:00 on the 13th of Jan to Chicago. It was a 3 hour flight on United. I watched the movie, Wimbledon. I arrived in Chicago at 6pm local time, and had a 4 hour layover until my flight to Copenhagen. I have to say, I was very impressed with Scandinavian Airlines (SAS). The seats were comfy, the food was good, and the onboard entertainment was really extensive. We each got a little touch screen TV in front of us and you can choose from a selection of movies, music, and games. Best of all, the entire flight was pretty full. However, I got both the window seat and the aisle to myself since nobody was assigned the seat next to me. So I got to stretch out pretty good. The flight left at 10pm for a 7 hour flight to Copenhagen. I couldn't sleep, so I watched "The Forgotten" and "Without a Paddle".
I arrived at 1 in Copenhagen, hung around for an hour, and boarded my last airplane to Amsterdam (again, Window seat all the way). I was glad my luggage made it to Amsterdam and that the AIESEC people were there to pick me up. After a two hour train ride to Enschede, I was finally in my new home for the next 6 months. The people here are great. It's a big house/apartment building, but since there are 6 people living there (including me), It's quite cramped. Also, it feels like a frat house since there are a lot of AIESECers that come by and hang out.

Anyways, that's all for my first post
I'll write more later =)

LEs

P.S. I'm pretty sure you guys post replies and stuff, so plz do

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home