Online Journal of my adventures in Europe

Sunday, January 30, 2005

NATCO II !!

Hey People

Well, I just got back from the AIESEC National Conference held in Utrecht. It was fun, as I got to meet AIESECers from all over the country and trainees from all over the world that are working in the Netherlands. We left bright and early on Thursday morning for our 2 hour train trip to Utrecht and go there in time for everything to start at 930 or so. Basically, it was a 2 day motivation and leadership conference. Because it was hosted by Rabobank, it was also a 2 day recruitment drive. We learnt about how AIESEC Netherlands was doing locally, nationally, and internationally. We had workshops such as "Techniques in Time Management" and "Introduction to Performance management". For me, I got the most out of it through meeting new people, getting to know the AIESECers in my own chapter better, and a sense of motivation and inspiration to make the world a better place.
The hilight of the two day event was the dinner and following party on Thursday evening. It was an Italian themed buffet, but more importantly, it was free drinks all through dinner. Also, it was a good opportunity to talk to new people.
The theme of the party was "La Fiesta di Maffioso." I just stayed in my suit (it was a spiffy conference as everyone was in there suits/business wear) but put on some letter gloves and went as a classy hitman (complete with 2 paper guns).
I had a good time =)
This weekend was a relaxing one, and a chance to run some errands.
Back to work on Monday
Next weekend, I'm going to a weekend retreat in Maastrict so that should be fun. I always wanted to go there.

Anyways, that's all for now
more later

LEs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home