Mr. Leslie Choy, Guest Lecturer??
Well, I finally have some idea what is going on with my job. I'm going to overseeing the training and implementing of this new assessment tool at the 3 locations for the pilot. I'll be working with this other lady on this project and I'll know further details of specifics soon.
However, I have also been contacted by a student group at the University of Twente asking if I wanted to be a guest lecture in an upcoming workshop. The student group is a biomedical engineering group that will be going to Canada later in the year as part of a work study. They have been talking Carint (my company) about developing a pilot on telemedicine and my boss mentioned that I was from Canada, and I might be an interesting person to contact. So, I got this e-mail out of the blue asking if I want to give a small lecture about the similarities and differences of the Canadian and Dutch Health Care system with a focus on telemedicine and telehealth. Canada has had a lot of experience with telemedicine (which is the field of applying telecommunications for medical purposes ie computerising MRI pictures so it can be sent anywhere in Canada). However, it is only slowly catching on here in the Netherlands.
I'm quite flattered that they want me to do this and I never lectured before so it will be a good experience. The audience is a group of 30 bio-med engineering students and some profs that are going to Canada. I think I will do it, and I have received a lot of support for it. So now, I finally have a lot to do at work.
The lecture is scheduled for March 1st, right after a presentation by a former Canadian doctor they also got to come. Go Canada =)
Anyways, wish me luck
LEs

2 Comments:
Hey Leslie...it's me Pia, posting anon b/c I am too lazy to set up an account....anyway just saying helloooooo!!! Hope you're doing well - sounds like you're having tons of fun :-) Wish I were there!! Take care, stay safe....Hugs, Pia
5:57 p.m.
Wow! That's awesome! Good luck :) (not that you need it ^_-)
Maggie
6:24 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home