Online Journal of my adventures in Europe

Saturday, February 26, 2005

A Week in Review

Hey People

I haven't updated in awhile because it really hasn't been that much of an interesting week. I spent the week working on my lecture on Tuesday. I hope I do a good job since I didn't know any of the material before this lecture.

The highlight of the week (well, highlight may not be the best week) features Jose. Originally, Jose was suppose to leave on Wednesday morning for a business trip to Spain. I felt sorry for him since he had to leave very early in the morning as his boss was going to drive everyone to Germany and take the flight to Spain from there. On Thursday, we got a phone call from Peter telling us that Jose never made it to Spain and is in a German hospital. Apparently he develop kidney stones which forced the plane to be delayed as the Ambulance came and got him off the plane. Peter and Etienne went to get him on Thursday morning and he was back by the evening. He is still in some pain, but much better then before. He told us he woke up Wednesday morning with some back pain and it got progressively worse until he almost past out in the plane. Anyways, I hope he gets better soon.

This evening, one of Mizu's friends from Japan came over to visit Mizuki and we all went out to eat. We went to the same place as before since me and Jose were raving about last week on how good the meal and the service was. I ordered the Spare ribs this time thinking they were the little riblets I was use to back home. When my order arrived, I realised that pork spare ribs actually meant pork ribs, and a whole lot of them. I received 2.5 racks of ribs. I think most restaurants I know, you only get 1 or 1.5 at the most, so this was the most I have ever seen. The best part, it was only 11.50 Euros! I was so impressed that I took a picture of it before I dug in. I couldn't finish it so I now have something for lunch tomorrow. Another dinner that I was really impressed with.

I'll spend this weekend working on my lecture. Getting worried about it since it's getting close. However it means that I'm working harder on it. I'll give another update soon


LEs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home