Online Journal of my adventures in Europe

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Camping in the Netherlands

Hello

Due to problems with the internet, I haven't been able to work on my blog for awhile. It's working again, and I figure I should take this Sunday to work on my blog in between watching all of the TV I've downloaded.

Last Weekend (May 28th - 29th) I went camping with AIESEC. It was a retreat for AIESEC and it served as an welcoming for the new AIESEC people that will be replacing the old AIESEC. The timing was perfect since I just bought a brand new 2 person airmattress. It was on sale for 15 Euros, from 40, so it was a good deal. Plus, I needed a matt anyways for when Connie comes over.

For dinner that night, Maya and Miz made a nice Japanese dinner. It was nice to see Maya again as she's visiting for a month before returning to Japan. After dinner, Miz, Shangxia, and I left for Goor, a 30min train ride away from Enschede. Ana was in Amsterdam that weekend to be with her sister, and Shing was still in Italy.

When we arrived, it was already dark and we quickly unpacked and set up our sleeping mat and bags. We decided since the one I got was so big, and the three of us was sharing a tent, all three of us will use my air mattress. That's when I realized that my Murphy (of the law) had tagged along for the weekend. Earlier, I tested out the airmattress at home to make sure it works and there were no holes or anything. The pump I bought for it was pretty cool and can also deflate as well as inflate the mattress. I set it up for awhile, and then deflated it and placed it by the door so I wouldn't forget it. Anyways, back in the tent, I realized that when I deflated it at home, I had to remove the plug/stopper to let the air out, and it was that plug that I failed to put back in and I left it at home. So, I now have this big ass comfortable air mattress, but nothing to keep the air in it. I kept the pump in the mattress but sooner or later, all the air will escape. Me bad =(

After setting up our tent, and having a few drinks, all 28 of us left to the nearby town to go to this huge club. For a town with a population of 8000, they have this huge multifloor club. It was nice, and it featured a live stage, and 5 other rooms with different music. I partied it out, had lots to drinks, and got to know all of the new people.

Stumbling back to the camp site, I had to reinflate the air mattress again, and we settled in for the night. Predictably, all 3 of us were essentially sleeping on the floor as the mattress deflated as we slept.

We got up and had breakfast. Most of us just spent the morning lounging around since the weather was so great. Anyways, the rest of the day was spent taking done and cleaning up. It was a fun trip and a nice opportunity to get to know the new AIESEC people. The only downside was that this place didn't allow a fire to be set up. It's not a real camping experience unless there is a roaring fire to go with it.

Anyways, that was camping weekend

LEs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home