Online Journal of my adventures in Europe

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Dutch Comedy Night

Ever feel dumb when you hear a joke and you don't get it, but all your friends do, so you laugh with them any ways? It felt a little like that when I went out for a comedy festival at the university. It was a lot of fun, although I didn't understand a lot of the jokes.
The first act I saw was an American group based in Amsterdam called, "Boom Chicago".
For those people who are familiar with Drew Carey's "Who's Line is it Anyways," It was exactly like that, only I was seeing it live and not on TV. Basically, the comedy is all improv and the audience shouts out suggestions for the actors, and they improvise on that information for every skit that they do. It was funny, since it was in English. After that, we went briefly to see some stand up comedy. It was alright, but I didn't get the jokes since it was in Dutch. Afterwards, we went to see this other Dutch guy's act.
All in all, it was a good night. Something different from the usual Friday night routine.

This weekend is our reception weekend, so AIESEC from other parts of the Netherlands coming here to party. Therefore, expect updates later this weekend


LEs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home