Online Journal of my adventures in Europe

Monday, April 18, 2005

Quick Update & Bermuda Shorts Day

Hello

Just a short post this time
Nothing new to report, it was a generally quiet weekend. The funniest thing I did this weekend was attend a party thrown by the International Student's club. Met lots of people and had a good time. Was also very impressed with myself as I figured out how to make a good shepherds Pie, and I made that on Sunday. It's nice since the whole house is made up of master chefs.

Right now back in Canada, school is officially over and there are just exams left before people go on Holidays. Traditionally on the last day of school at my University, we celebrate something called Bermuda Shorts Day. Basically, people come to university wearing Hawaiian shorts and beach outfits (even if it is snowing). The student's Unions organises Beer Gardens (basically an outdoor concert with alcohol) and other events that day. Classes are still exist that day, but in reality, it is really only optional. The origin of this all day party and drinkfest at the university started when someone wrote on a chalk board in a major lecture hall "Wear Bermuda shorts on the last day of School." Good times, and I'm sure my friends back home all had a good time.

I'll write more later

LEs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home