A Random Collection of thoughts
Hello
Some people have mentioned that I haven't updated in awhile so I figure I should write something to appease my fans.
On Tuesday, I got some field work and got to observe a homecare nurse for the day. It was nice to see how the organization works from the front lines rather then from my lofty desk up in management. Actually, I felt like a medical resident following a doctor around on rounds. It was quite sad in the morning actually, as I saw some middle age patients with conditions that I know won't allow them to be around in 6 months time. However, my day and mood improved substantially in the afternoon when I got to spend time at the baby wing of the Carint health services. I got to sit in and observe the pediatrition checks up on new babies. I like babies I guess, I was in a good mood for the rest of the day
Wednesday was also a good day. One, I got tickets to the final games before the quarter finals for the World Championship of hockey in Austria. It was a good deal, 90 Euros for 3 games. Who I'll be watching I can't really tell, since it's set up as second place in B plays 3rd place in C...etc. The good news, is that if Canada is in First in Pool B (so ahead of the US, Slovakia, and another team), then I'll get to watch Canada vs 4 C. I'll have a place to stay as Innsbruck has an AIESEC LC so I can coordinate with them to get lodging for the night. If cheap, and I have time off work, I may stay an extra couple of days since it would only be 5 more days more for the entire thing to finish. I'll try to get tickets to the final or something. Again, it all depends on work but they're ok with me going since I gave them warning well in advance (the game is on May 10th)
Also, next month, I'll be going to Belgium (Antwerp) for the weekend. The AIESEC there is hosting a fun weekend and it's my chance to go to Belgium quite cheaply. It is just a weekend outing, so I don't have to miss work.
In the evening, we (Mizu, Jose, and I) went to Maya's house where she cooked us a nice traditional Japanese meal. It was very good. I have to return the favor and prepare a Chinese meal before she goes back to Japan
Lastly, some random things:
-I know I'm Canadian when I say "Washroom." Dutch people usually just say "Toilet" (when speaking English) or the "WC"
*reference: Marjon*
- We say Canada uses the metric system and proud of it. But how come we still use feet/inches to talk about height?
- English (apples and oranges) ; Dutch (appel & sinaasappel). Dutch class going well since it is grammatically easier then French.
- European stereotypes: Belgians are known for not being the sharpest tool in the shed. The Dutch are known to be cheap.
- Congratulations to my brother, who has gotten an Engineering Internship in Switzerland
- It's sad that Jose will be leaving back to Spain after April 1st. Eric my roomie may also be gone very soon too for a work term in Japan. Good thing New girl is coming very shortly, so the house won't be too lonely
ok, that's it for now
LEs

1 Comments:
Thanks for the shoutout :D
Vic
10:45 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home