Online Journal of my adventures in Europe

Sunday, March 20, 2005

A Week in Review

Hello

Shangxia, the newest trainee from China, arrived on Tuesday night. It is nice to have someone new in the house as things have gotten quiet since Sol left. Shangxia is currently staying in my old room, and she is starting to hit the culture shock. Also, the house will get a lot more cramp as Anna, the Newest Trainee from Yugoslavia, is arriving on Thursday. Jose is also having family come visit him starting Tuesday so we'll be having a jammed packed house. Lots of fun ahead =)

On Wednesday,we held a nice dinner for Maya, who left back to Japan on Friday. Because both Jose and I promised to make something special, we had a Spanish and Chinese meal that night. Jose did most of the cooking with sausages and a Potato and Egg dish. I supplied the filler with a simple egg fried rice. Alcohol was flowing all night with wine and beer being served with dinner.

Thursday was a busy working day for me as I went to 2 different meeting in 2 different cities. Since I asked for more work, I been put on 2 additional projects, including an exciting joint project with Ukrainian Health Authorities. Perhaps a business trip to Odessa maybe in my favour =)

Friday was a good day. It started out with my company screwing up again. To review, my company seems to have a hard time paying me on time. My first paycheck for January was delayed for 15 days. My second one so far for the month of February was also delay 15 days, but that was due to a mix up in accounting. So, I finally got paid for February on Wednesday and had a promise that all future paychecks will arrive on time on 31st. So, I expected my paycheck for March to come on the 31st. Now imagine my surprise on Friday when I was doing some online banking when I realised that I suddenly have more money then I should. I checked and it turned out that my company paid me again on Friday.I'm thinking, since they promised me to be paid at the end of the month, will they still and will I get double paid? Because my parents raised me to be honest, I'm going to let my boss know that I been paid earlier so they shouldn't issue another payment on the 31st. Secretly, I hope I get another payment anyways on the 31st since extra money is good =)
Also, on Friday, Sandra came over for supper so we had a nice meal courtesy of Jose.

Saturday was another long day. Jose got me to start running with him so I tried to get up as early as I could (10). I also had to leave early to mail my airmiles stuff to Vancouver before the post office closes. After lunch, we spent the day in the city where I purchase some extension cords to compete juryrigging my rooms electrical system. I now have outlets near my desk and bed. I was also in a good mood and went to see the Chinese shop and get cooking advice from the Chinese lady there. 20min later, I set up to cook a really nice Chinese meal for dinner that night. I made Stir fry noodles, Orange and Pineapple Salmon, and a nice vermechelli, tofu, and Spinach soup. Everything turned out great, and I made enough food that Eric and Sandra could join us from dinner as well.

Today.
After sleeping in, I made a nice lunch for everyone since I was craving bacon. I purchased Dutch bacon to try. It's very thick, almost like a pork chop. It turned out alright, but I now know that it isn't smoked, so I have to season it myself. Today also marks 6 months that I have been with Connie so I am allowed to open the package that she sent me. She still has something from me, that I made her promise not to open until today, from the last package I sent her. We'll open each other's gifts via webcam sometime later today =) [to Connie: Happy 6 months Honey!]
Tonight, our whole house hold is going to out for Salsa night again. Jose and I plan to enjoy the view as usual while the rest of them dance.

That's all for now.
More later

LEs

1 Comments:

Blogger Avatamsaka Monastery Choir said...

Awwwww... so cute! Congrats on your 6th month anniversary. Geoff and I are coming up on 5 and we're pretty excited.

So when is Connie coming to Holland to visit you?

12:49 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home