First Meeting & First full day of Work
Hey People
I'm starting to get use to life in Enschede now. On Monday morning, I went to the grocery store all by myself to buy stuff. Food here is actually quite cheap, especially if you avoid the buying the American products and buy European.
Had my first meeting with the boss and the company on Monday afternoon. I will be working at Cairnt, which is a company that provides health care services on behalf of the government of the Netherlands. The Boss guy is pretty cool too. The office environment is laid back and kinds of remind me of Maxxam for the amount of fun ppl seem to have.
Later that evening, I went to the weekly AIESEC get together. Jose and Mitzuki made presentations about their respective countries (Spain & Japan). I tried there local brew called, Grolsch. It a little bitter for me. The second beer I had was a summer beer, but the pub we were had makes it year round (I already forgotten the name of it). After hanging around with a bunch of AIESEC ppl, me and Solimon ducked out and went for a late night snack at the outdoor food shack called "The Muir" (The wall). The Dutch have interesting vending me machines including ones that sell hot food. Actually more like a wall of mailboxes at the University or something. You know how the mailboxes for profs are setup at the U, where each prof has there own mailbox, but on the opposite side, the boxes are open, so the secretary can slip in the letters and stuff f to specific profs. Well same thing here with food. You pick out something you see in the rows of transparent boxes, and deposit a couple of cents to get the food you want. We decided to order a bunch and feast. The national staple are fries (usually served with mayo) so we got that, 2 chicken burgers (little ones, not Dutch), hot wings, and I bough a few things front he wall. One was a deep fried pastry with crispy outside, and a nice stew or gravy center. Also had a Dutch equivalent of the hot dog, which resemembles a burnt wiener, but taste better. I'll be loading a pig of our feast.
Today was my first full day of work. It doesn't take me to long to go to work, just got to walk/bike to the train station (10min walk) and take this train for 3 stops . I think that I'm suppose to come out with a proposal to implement this senior assessment system that the State uses.
I think being cuz I still don't know what my job is. He just left me alone to research stuff for 5 hours. Afterwards, he invited me to a retirement party so I got food. Tomorrow, I get to go to a conference that really doesn't have anything to do with me, but wants me to get to know the company
That's about it for now
LEs

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home